THE NONPROFIT PRACTICEAT CAPATUS
THE NONPROFIT PRACTICE
STRATEGY, BOARD, TALENT, M&A, EXEC ON-DEMAND
The NonProfit Practice is a team of consultants who have worked in the ranks of nonprofit entities across the US. The team has served in roles ranging from President, CEO, ED, to Board Chair. We do more than talk the talk, we have real world hand-on experience leading and practicing in this space.
Our services focus on our clients’ most critical organizational issues and opportunities: strategy, marketing, operations, technology, transformation, across all industries and geographies. We bring a deep, functional expertise, bound by holistic perspective: we capture value across boundaries at any organization.
Capitalize on opportunities that move your organization forward by engaging with research and developing actionable insights. Services include: Strategic planning, Market assessment, Portfolio analysis, etc.
The expectations placed on boards have never been greater. We provide organizations with objective assessment and advisory regarding: development, HR, performance, Board role, Board engagement, Governance, Board development, Fundraising, and CEO/ED Coaching and Advisory.
- Board Role Advisory: Establish a shared understanding of board and staff roles (talent/skill inventory/assessment, SWOT, needs analysis – Making the board a true strategic asset to management
- Board Effectiveness and Engagement Advisory: Build a stronger and more productive partnership between the board and the chief executive – transition to a higher functioning board.
- Board Governance Advisory: Examine existing board structures and practices to ensure that the board is working productively. Revitalizing the board’s structure for more meaningful participation.
- Board Development and Recruitment: Board member recruitment advisory, Succession planning for officers and committee chairs
- Fundraising Advisory: Preparing the Board for Fundraising
- CEO/ED Advisory: Board level interaction regarding managing, developing, and measuring CEO performance
Leadership behaviors are one of the critical “soft” elements that research shows are most important in determining an organization’s decision effectiveness and thus its performance. At Capatus we realize that the impact and influence of leadership can be staggering. Our services include: Leadership development, Interim leadership, Coaching, Crisis management, Impact assessment, and Organization effective and Development.
- Leadership Development: The impact and influence of leadership, for good or bad, is staggering. Understanding its role is critical to making it the most effective at facilitating success within an organization (Group Leadership Retreats, Executive Assessments, etc.)
- Interim Leadership: Long and short term leadership and executive level consulting and staffing. From CEO to Marketing and Human Resources.
- Executive Coaching/Mentoring: One-on-one and Group Style service for non-profit executives and leaders. Executive mentoring will result in more effective organizational leadership while at the same time promote healthy decision making focusing on a robust work/life balance.
- Crisis Management: Some times bad things happen to good organizations. When things go wrong, an organization, its management and directors are judged by how they react.
- Impact Assessment: The impact of an organization extends beyond immediate program outcomes. Impact assessment helps organizations tell funders about the broad reach their programs have in the community
- Organizational Effectiveness / Optimization Advisory
- Community based, participatory needs assessment
- Assessment of feasibility
- Funding development
- Fidelity assessment
- Translating global goal to specific, measurable outcomes
- Development of data collection instruments and data tracking
- Qualitative assessment of process and community impact
- Cost benefit & cost effectiveness assessment
- Final data analysis and reporting
- Philanthropic and Fundraising services including: Feasibility Studies, Capital Campaign Management, Major Gifts Efforts, Annual Appeal Solicitations, and Grant Writing.
- Development Services including: Interim Development Staff, Development Office Assessments, Staff Trainings both individual and group, Communications Evaluation, and Donor Database Systems.
- Strategic Services to include: Comprehensive Board Development, Funding Diversification, Analytics, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Volunteer Management